LexCam is designed to be used in conjunction with the Lex software. It is a highly portable camera system that gives users near instant access to practically any physical document.
Weighing just 720 grams (1.6 lbs) it is the ideal portable solution for computer users of all ability levels.
Simply place your document under the camera, press Enter on your keyboard and a few seconds later, your document is being read aloud to you, in your chosen visualisation, text size, colour and formatting. Reading couldn't be easier!
Who is LexCam for?
LexCam is for any visually impaired computer user, who wants near instant, easy and accurate access to printed documents.
It has been specifically designed for the requirements of students, business professionals and anyone on the move with a laptop PC.
LexCam could be your ideal system if:
- You need to read physical documents such as text books, letters, invoices, etc and are looking for something light weight and portable to enable you to read your documents more easily.
- You are tired of using flatbed scanners which take a long time and require spines of books to be broken or ripped open in order to accurately scan them.
What are LexCam's benefits?
LexCam features many benefits over traditional dyslexic flatbed scanner systems including:
- Fast mutli-page capture: up to 20 pages per minute capture with advanced motion detection algorithms mean you can acquire and store entire text books or long documents in minutes, not hours. Once they're captured, you never need to carry them with you again.
- Time to read: modern PCs will allow you to capture and begin reading a page of your document in just two seconds.
- Incredible accuracy: LexCam uses a high resolution camera which recognizes down to 6pt text. It has a superb depth of field allowing even the thickest of books to be captured with ease. Breaking the spines of books to scan them is a thing of the past!
- Glossy document capture: Some camera systems have difficulty with glossy documents but this is not the case for the LexCam! Although it has integrated lighting, the camera and software have been optimised to capture without the lights being required, meaning even glossy magazines can be captured without difficulty.
- Fastest Set Up time: LexCam has been specifically designed to be as fast to set up and take down as possible - it takes less than 5 seconds. Just unfold it, plug in one USB connector into your laptop or PC and you're ready! Nothing to screw in or plug together.
- No Batteries: All LexCam needs is one USB 2.0 port - no need to worry about keeping a separate battery charged.
- Stylish and practical design: A stylish, discreet and light weight design ensures that LexCam is ideal to use in nearly any location.
- Footprint: Occupying just 65mm x 81mm, (2.6 x 3.2 inches), of table area, LexCam takes up very little space.
- Weight: Lex weighs just 720 grams (1.6 lbs) making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
- Versatility: Read almost any surface, flat or round. LexCam's camera allows it to capture deep into the spines of books without flattening them, as well as read 3D objects like tins.